Bringing People Together.
Tips for planning your next event
Like many of you, sometimes I find it difficult to know where to start when I am planning my next event so I thought I would share some tips to help you out!
1. Set The Date: You need to first set a deadline for yourself to have everything finished and so you know what guests can make it. The more lead time you give your guests the greater a chance of more people arriving.
2. Choose a Theme: This can certainly be the funniest part of planning the event, as this is what brings everything together. Of course keep in mind the weather of your location as nobody wants to have a pool party when its negative 30 degrees out! Choose something fun and an idea that everyone can participate in.
3. Make a List: Some people (like myself) easily forget small or big components of the event until it’s too late. Get ahead of the mistakes and create a checklist of everything that needs to be planned, picked up, sent out, and organized before your event date.
4. Book Your Entertainment: If you plan on having any sort of entertainment please be sure to book this FIRST. Depending on what you're looking for it may not even be available on your event date. Check their availability dates and then price shop around town.
5. Food & Drinks: Now these are definitely the two main things that need to tie into your theme. These days you do need to be cautious of what you plan on providing, and be aware of allergies and non-alcoholic choices for your guests.
6. Have Some Fun: This may be one of the most important tips I can give you when planning an event. Yes, it may be stressful getting everything organized but trust me, your guests will feel the energy that you've put into it when they arrive. So make sure you have as much fun planning the event, as you will when you take part in it.
- Written By: Darren Cody, Event Specialist
Our Show Room
Welcome to our Events Blog where we keep you updated on current events we supply to, as well as various tips and stories that can help you plan your special day!
Follow us on Instagram